The holiday season is a special time of year when we bring out the cheerful décor and adorn our homes for celebration. We add colorful string lights, scented candles, garland and special table settings that are festive and unique enough to impress our guests.
If you are planning a holiday party or having house guests this season, you’ll want your home to make a great impression. Here are five easy ways to keep your real estate in south Florida looking great for your holiday guests.
- Tidy Up. Scan the house for anything that looks in disarray and put things where they belong. Be sure to make guest bedrooms your first priority!
- Clean Up. Clean the floors and all surfaces. Launder the guest room linens. Pay particular attention to all bathrooms.
- Eliminate Clutter. Even when the house is sparkling clean, clutter can make your space look dirty. Unfortunately, your extra bedroom can’t be your storage room if you have people coming for a visit. Pack unused things away in storage boxes, even if it’s just while you have guests.
- Shop for Extras. Having plenty of ingredients for meals and snacks on hand plus toiletries like toilet paper and soap can make a guest’s stay more pleasant and you can spend more time with them without having to run to the store.
- Decorate. Besides the usual holiday décor for the rest of the house, a festive touch is welcomed in the guest bedrooms, too. A little holiday cheer, like a vase of poinsettias or a pine scented candle can go a long way.
Following these tips don’t take a lot of time and can make a world of difference in a comfortable and relaxing stay for your holiday guests.